Inventory Unit Detail
2019 Yamaha R6
Call for Price
Ed's Cycles Inc.
Respect R World
Proven supersport dominance, iconic design and styling with reigning back‑to‑back MotoAmerica Championships.
- Beauty, Technology, Speed: The YZF-R6 has it all!: On track or street, the YZF-R6® is one of the most advanced supersport machines ever built. Aerodynamic MotoGP® styling wraps up an incredibly intelligent racing machine, complete with ABS brakes, top-shelf suspension and a full suite of electronic rider aids.
- Unparalleled Racetrack Success: The Yamaha YZF-R6 has won more AMA middleweight races and championships than any other 600cc sportbike, making it the number one choice for amateur and professional racers alike.
- Legendary R6 Handling: The R6 combines superior mass centralization with highly-developed suspension and refined ergonomics to become one of the most nimble machines in the supersport class. The result is awesome road feedback, traction feel, and greater cornering confidence.
- Thrilling Power and Control: With a class-leading, high-revving four-cylinder powerplant at its heart, and traction control and D-Modes allowing the rider to extract even more performance from the potent engine, the R6 screams across the start/finish line ahead of the pack.
- Cutting Edge Engine Design: The R6 is powered by a compact and lightweight 599cc DOHC liquid- cooled four-cylinder engine featuring the latest manufacturing technology. Sixteen titanium valves, a high 13.1:1 compression ratio and lightweight forged pistons allow for smooth, high-revving power. Linerless, direct-plated ceramic-composite cylinder bores provide excellent heat dissipation and reduced friction. Magnesium engine covers minimize engine weight.
- Race-Tested Variable Intake System: The YZF-R6 features Yamaha's Chip Controlled Intake (YCC-I®)—which electronically changes the effective intake tract length to give the benefits of both shorter and taller intake stacks in a single engine—for a broader, more tractable powerband. The twin injector intake system also uses shower-style fuel injectors above the intakes to provide optimum fuel atomization at high rpm.
- Compact 6-Speed Transmission: A close-ratio six-speed transmission delivers seamless power and maximum acceleration to suit the engine output, and is designed to be very compact. The crankshaft, input and output shafts are “stacked" in a triangular layout to centralize mass and keep the engine shorter front- to-back, which allows optimized engine placement in the frame for outstanding handling.
- Racing-Derived Slipper Clutch: Slipper-type back torque-limiting clutch reduces engine braking effects and eases aggressive downshifting from high speed.
- Compact Titanium Exhaust: The midship titanium muffler contributes to mass centralization and contains EXUP®—Yamaha's Exhaust Ultimate Power Valve—for a broad powerband, along with an oxygen sensor for spot-on fuel injection and clean-running emissions.
- GP-Style Deltabox® Frame: The YZF-R6 Deltabox aluminum frame incorporates years of GP development in terms of geometry, engine positioning and rigidity, resulting in the gold standard in 600-class handling. The R6 combines lightning-fast handling agility with confidence-inspiring mid-corner stability.
- Magnesium Rear Subframe: A magnesium subframe removes weight from the rear of the motorcycle for increased mass centralization, while the flat and narrow seat makes it easier to reach the ground and gives riders more room to maneuver during aggressive racetrack riding.
- Aluminum Fuel Tank: The aluminum alloy fuel tank shaves over 2.5 pounds compared to an equivalent steel tank, lowering the bike's center of gravity while improving rider ergonomics. The graceful curves of aluminum are accentuated by hand-welded craftsmanship for a truly beautiful finalized part.
- R1-Derived KYB® Fork: To ensure class-leading front-end feel and confidence, the YZF-R6 features the advanced KYB® 43mm fork found on the R1, tuned specifically for the R6. With excellent damping and awesome feedback from the front tire, the fork offers exceptional adjustability, with all adjustments at the top of the fork.
- Advanced KYB® Shock: The lightweight swingarm pivots high in the frame, for increased anti-squat effect and mid-corner stability. The piggyback shock design features four-way preload and damping adjustability for effective wheel control across a wide variety of conditions.
- Powerful Brakes with ABS: The YZF-R6 uses the same components found on the R1, including 320mm front rotors, gripped by four-piston radial-mount calipers, and actuated by a Nissin® radial-pump master cylinder. The result is excellent power with precise control. A lightweight rear caliper supports the front system, and ABS is standard for enhanced braking on imperfect road surfaces.
- Aggressive R-Series Styling: The YZF-R6 presents a sleek profile that expresses the next generation of Yamaha R-series styling. The LED marker lights create a striking face centered on the MotoGP®-style ram air intake. Futuristic and aggressive, the R6 stands out compared to anything else on the road or track today
- Top-Notch Aerodynamics: The smoothly flowing front ‘face' and bodywork achieves the highest level of aerodynamic efficiency of any production Yamaha in history, improving top speed on the racetrack. The cross-layered fairing design also ensures excellent airflow to cool the engine with minimal drag.
- LED Lighting: Like the YZF-R1, the R6 uses compact LED headlights that are tucked away for a less mechanical appearance while still providing brilliant illumination. The front LED turn signals are integrated into the mirrors for a sleeker style, while the rear LED taillight is ultra-compact to match the narrow tail unit.
- Ready to Accessorize: The YZF-R6 is ready to hit the racetrack straight from the showroom floor, but for riders looking for the extra edge, an accessory Quick Shift System can be installed to allow for clutchless full-throttle upshifts for maximum acceleration.
- Advanced Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle: The ride-by-wire Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle (YCC-T®) system senses the slightest throttle input by the rider and instantaneously calculates the ideal throttle valve opening, and then actuates the throttle valves to actively control intake volume. This technology gives the rider the precise level of control required to push the envelope at racing speeds.
- Adjustable Traction Control System: A Traction Control System (TCS) assists the rider in managing traction on various road conditions by quickly modulating throttle opening, ignition timing and fuel volume. On the R6, the TCS is designed to intervene extremely smoothly, for minimal disruption to forward drive, with six modes (plus off) to suit various road conditions and rider preferences.
- Selectable Drive Mode (D-Mode): The YZF-R6 features Yamaha's D-Mode system, allowing the rider to choose the optimum engine character for their riding situation and preferences. The rider can choose from three throttle valve control maps (Standard Mode, “A" Mode, and “B" Mode) for different throttle response characteristics at the push of a button.
- Stylish Instrumentation: The YZF-R6 features a combination analog and digital LCD instrument package that displays a huge range of information, including a programmable shift light, fuel economy, dual trip meters with miles-on-reserve function, and indicators for the electronic rider aids, including TCS and D-Mode.
- Engine Type: 599cc liquid-cooled DOHC inline 4-cylinder; 16 titanium valves
- Bore x Stroke: 67.0mm x 42.5mm
- Compression Ratio: 13.1:1
- Fuel Delivery: Fuel injection with YCC-T and YCC-I
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 6-speed; multiplate slipper clutch
- Final Drive: Chain
- Suspension / Front: 43mm KYB® inverted fork, 3-way adjustable; 4.7 in. travel
- Suspension / Rear: KYB® piggyback shock, 4-way adjustable; 4.7 in. travel
- Brakes / Front: Dual 320mm hydraulic disc; ABS
- Brakes / Rear: 220mm hydraulic disc; ABS
- Tires / Front: 120/70ZR17
- Tires / Rear: 180/55ZR17
- L x W x H: 80.3 in. x 27.4 in. x 45.3 in.
- Seat Height: 33.5 in.
- Wheelbase: 54.1 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 24.0 deg.
- Trail: 3.8 in.
- Maximum Ground Clearance: 5.1 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 4.6 gal.
- Fuel Economy: 42 mpg
- Wet Weight: 419 lb.
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
NOTES:Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models. The riders depicted on this website are professionals, and all of the action was shot on a closed course. At Yamaha, we want every ride to be safe and enjoyable. Always dress properly for your ride with a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Avoid excessive speeds and never engage in stunt riding. Never ride under the influence of alcohol or other drugs; it is illegal and dangerous. Always inspect your Yamaha before riding. Read the Owner's Manual and the product warning labels before operation. Yamaha and the Motorcycle Safety Foundation encourage you to ride safely and respect the environment. For safety and training information, see your dealer or call the MSF at 800.446.9227.
- Engine Type
- DOHC inline 4-cylinder; 16 titanium valves
- Bore and Stroke
- 67.0mm x 42.5mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel injection with YCC-T and YCC-I
- TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- 6-speed; multiplate slipper clutch
- Final Drive
- Front Suspension
- 43mm KYB® inverted fork, 3-way adjustable; 4.7 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- KYB® piggyback shock, 4-way adjustable; 4.7 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual 320mm hydraulic disc; ABS
- Rear Brakes
- 220mm hydraulic disc; ABS
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 54.1 in.
- Seat Height
- 33.5 in.
- 24.0 deg.
- 3.8 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.6 gal.
- 42 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 419 lb.
- Matte Gray, Team Yamaha Blue, Intensity White
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)